No longer

I don't need to hear "I understand you" nor "I'm on your side" no, I don't need these shit however, what I certainly don't want to hear is shit like "Dude you can't say that" or "No matter what you're wrong". The fuck why? Now I can't even express my feelings? Oh because my feelings are wrong and I'm unimportant and irrational. Get out mate I don't need emotional invalidation. I fucking hate such blatant disrespect. You don't need to understand my feelings but don't step on them. I feel how I feel for good reason. If I tell you I was hurt, you don't tell me "You're wrong to be hurt over something so minor" shut up. Just shut up. 


I'm not blindly egoistic to not know how to apologise. In fact, I highly respect people who can acknowledge their mistakes and apologize, which is why I personally endeavour to be such  to live my life by my own definition of a respectable person. So yeah, I most definitely am not a big-headed bigot. I don't believe how people come out as "natural winners" of wrongful situations just by status or position whatnot. Essentially, we are all equal parts human. President? Human. Wife? Human. Mother? Human. These people no matter what if they make a mistake, they do need to be held accountable for it.


As a superior to some within my company, there are situations where I've chided my staff for their mistakes afterwhich they do apologize to me after making the relevant adjustments however, I also make it a point to in turn apologize if I've hurt their feelings, just to make sure that our relationship is not compromised. So I don't care whether it's a husband saying "Dude my wife is always correct" or a child saying "But my mother birthed me so she can never be in the wrong" No. Stop that. Even strangers apologize when they bump into each other. Don't desensitize yourself to feeling certain emotions. If you feel wronged, don't numb yourself. I've numbed myself for certain negative emotions for too long to the point the void in me just keeps growing and now? It's gotten to my head and I'm seeing a therapist.


Fuck what people say. You are important. Your thoughts and feelings matter.

Powered by Blogger.