Purge

I've decided I need to let some friendships go and work on the ones that matter to me. Mum gave me a random piece of advice recently, saying that friendship is not about duration, it's about the amount of care and consideration we give one another. So if we've ever been hurt by any particular relationship, we need to reevaluate this relationship's existence in our lives. Which is funny cause it sounds oddly specific to me but she defended that she was just stating a point. Although knowing her, I know which friendship she's hinting at haha. About this, right off the bat I can name some people I feel I need to purge out of my life. I do think that close friends don't have to be conversing constantly on a regular basis because afterall, we've all moved on to different phases of life now, but I think this "offline" status should have a statute of limitation at some point right? I mean, it just doesn't make sense for friends to go months and years with not a single form of communication, not even on important occasions like Christmas and New Year's.

It is one thing to prioritize your better halves and work on your new lives together but I don't think it's fair to make it a "one or the other" choice right? Like working on married life to the point of casting your friend out of your life as though this friend never even existed to begin with? What's that about man come on that just doesn't sound fair for me right hahaha. So first and foremost, I'd like to apologize to the people I've decided to not call my "close friends" anymore (Even "friends" I am skeptical but we'll see about that). I am sorry you've lost me. But clearly I am no longer needed in your lives and I will continue to live my life as you have yours. I wish you all the best but I don't care to enough to keep up with all yall's daily Instagram shenanigans anymore.

This is the thing with me, I am loyal to a fault but I can detach myself when I set my mind to it. Self-love matters right? And I love myself more than anyone. So,

Goodbye, old friend(s).
Powered by Blogger.